Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Back in London

Starting school and already I feel so tired!
I have decided to join the swim training on Monday and Wednesday (to learn front crawl again) which I enjoy most of the time. Then there is jazz piano that should be finalise anyday now. Art activities on Tuesday... Gosh! So many things to do!

I came to Art horrified because I had no idea what I want to do for my new project, apart from the few artists and some ideas I jot down on the plane. My teacher had no idea how to help me either. Finally, I found Fred Kennet - a pen and ink based artist who produce exceptional detailed drawings. I want to do something similar to that. I want to depict the modern world today as being too industrialised and polluted with cities filled with skyscrapers and car honking on the busy road.

I thought it would be amazing but right now, with the load of work I am doing every night. I just find no inspiration to do anything. I am drawing buildings from photograph I have taken around Central London but it is so hard to sketch them out. I just don't know how artists can do this, sketching amazing buildings on a piece of paper. I am helpless.  Oh I need help!

Despite all these works are depressing me, I did went to see an amazing musical "Billy Elliot" at the Victoria Palace Theatre last week. It was part of our Drama course - to write a theatre review. The musical was fantastic it its set, lighting with the most talented young actor and the most moving plot. It was a magical night for me because this was the first proper musical I have seen. On Saturday, Mandy, Sharon and I went to the Saatchi Gallery where we found some amazing students sketching what they see in gallery. There were many artworks that were simply astonishing and some were at the average in my opinion.



This thursday, I am going to head down to Walton on the Naze in Essex for my Geography investigation. That should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me