Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

#Liverpool in a day



The bus stops right at the centre of Liverpool. I was still trying to recompose my sleepy self and locating myself in Liverpool’s map.

It was 5.00 am, still dark and Liverpool was glimmering in streetlight. Silence ruled the night. Well, of
course apart from the occasional car quickly pass by.

I looked for the train station, heading to Blundellsands & Crossby. First train at 6.00 am. I have time to spare; I wandered off, following the signs directing me to the pier. The old historic architecture on the street of Liverpool overwhelmed me, especially lit up in the dark of the night. They were beautiful!
Cold wind blew from the pier. I sat to look at the city on the otherside shimmering on the calm water.


I took the first train. It took around twenty minutes to get there, still dark. I got out of the station and began walking straight out to the sea. This area seems very old and does not feel like many people live here.

Camping with an umbrella on the beach, waiting for sunrise.
As I arrived at the end of the road to the beach, it was pitch black. I could not tell whether I was actually at the right place or not. I would not know anyhow so it was time my all time favourite torch come out to play its role. Eventually I reached the beach,  approaching a shape of a man faraway.



Too dark, I walked up and decided to camp behind a sand dune to take shelter away from the cold wind. It started to rain so now I was camping below an umbrella on the beach, writing in my diary with a torch. Nearly 7, the sun began to loom over the horizon. Those shadows started to come into shape. I packed my bag and head out with my camera.



A hundred of these men on the beach made me wonder if they creep people out or not. It looks like the men want to drown themselves... I also was in utter shock that one of the "statue" moved and only to come to realisation that it was a real man walking on the beach, enjoying the morning fresh air.

Waterproof shoes to the rescue.


These men are exposed to all forces of nature and whatever can grow on them.


As I arrived back in Liverpool, I made myself a challenge to visit all the sites in the one day I have. Obviously not all but whatever is shown on that tourist map I got given. There were like 50 sites. I went from St.John's park to Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral.






Victorian Air Condition system!

Liverpool's street






Beautifully carved!
London's Museum does not have an aquarium!
Entrance to the Beatles Story
Liverpool in a day! This city is lovely.


In time to catch sunset on the River Mersey!
I sat by the pier after the Beatles story, absorbing the sunlight shining over the shimmering water of River Mersey. Dinner served with the beauty of the Beatles' submarine album.

I took another night bus back to London. Back to Collinson for a little rest, taking my suitcase with me. I am meeting my old friend - Aigul today. It is weird that almost all my friends are in university, only me left behind. It was wonderful to catch up again. We had nice lunch and a long walk around what-we-thought-was-the-best-place-to-live.
Catch up with Aigul!

Tonight, I was lucky enough to get ticket to John Mayer. I even benefited from her family's Sky backstage treatment. Finally, some make-up for my terribly unwell-treated face. I had way too much fun with this lighting.
Sky Backstage

The concert was awesome! Our seats were in front of the line on the right side. The O2 arena is massive and filled with people. I heard one of my favourite song (If Ever get around to living) and the drummer did a beautiful solo on stage!

I am having way too much fun with this light!

Me and Bhakti - playing with the light

John Mayor in Concert - London October 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me