Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

At Olympic 2014


When I heard the news that I selected to swim at the Olympic QE pool. I was absolutely ecstatic. 

On that Friday morning, we headed off early taking the tube to Straford. The excitement in me was just beginning to grow. I constantly find myself searching for distraction - reminding myself that I have packed everything 3 times the night before, listening to music, talking to the team about food (obviously!)…

Just stepping out to Westfield, I could feel my heart racing up. I could not stop smiling as we walk to the enormous Olympic park. I scanned my eyes around 360* like a paranoma camera in slow motion trying to absorb the absolutely everything.

It was so crowded. So many other boys and girls were there. We estimated some 30 schools must have been there. We entered as a small school because we did not have enough swimmers. We all went straight on to the balcony to take picture. It was the first time I have ever seen the Olympic pool. I watch amazing swimmers swam here 2 years ago on TV but somehow being here was just surreal. Michael Phelps, Allyson Smith, Rebecca Soni, -
My list can go on forever.

Once we got out neck passes, the team dived straight downstair to get change and get ready for our heats. Not gonna lie but even the changing room look amazing! We met outside, wait for our coach to take photos of our team at the pool and do some stretches, waiting for our warm up. I stood right by the pool, still stunned of how beautiful the building was.

As usual, warms up are always like crazy. I finally get to dived in the pool and found myself having to “race” with other swimmers because they were all so fast! We only had 3 lanes for warm up so it was very difficult to warm up all together and they were all so so fast! 4 or 5 of them passed me every 50m. I just did the most I can to keep myself warm until our heat.

Mill Hill swim team with 4 boys and 5 girls - 

The girl team was in for heat 2. I swam 3rd, standing next to Kimberly who is a very good swimmer. I raced the best I knew how and even though we did not get through the final, I am glad I had a chance to do this. Stepping on those block where Olympians stood on them. Gosh! It was a moment to remember.

Here is me diving in!

Our boys team did splendidly well. We had two boys who were competitive swimmers and I say that because they properly train with a private club 6 days a week. Very impressive! One of the boy was the first to touch in his race too.



Here is our boys team. Celebrating their awesome moment.

My last memory at this amazing place.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me