Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Traditional Arts


Going to Ben Thanh market with my mum like usual, I bought this Matryoshka Doll today! I'm loving it! I still remember my first Matryoshka when I was little and I always play with it. Mum gave me a barbie doll and I pulled its head out in one minute (haha I know I'm violent?) But with this Babushka (what I called it), it never was damaged and I've always been amazed with it :) Just one sad thing, I don't know how we lost it...
Babushka is Russian nesting doll if you're wondering.




A little fun video about my new Babushka.
This Babushka is Vietnam made so it's not the same as I remember.


Anyway, along with this Babushka, I bought some Vietnam hand-painted traditional mask.





Isn't it amazing?
Life is wonderful when Art is preserved and kept for everyone to enjoy.
These masks have a tradition, a tell and so I hope you enjoy my post today!


Today was a beautiful day for me. We went out with Ghaidaa family. They are great and also, it was the first time I've ever been into the Muslim mosque. Quite an extraordinary day to be in the mosque and meet muslims... hmm thinking I should be doing my h/w now right?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome video! You are a woman of many talents! That was so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Where life has taken me