Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Day 1 #belowtheline

Day 1

Breakfast - Peanut butter oatmeal (18p)
100g Oatmeal = 8p
1tbs peanut butter = 3p
1 cup of coffee = 7p

Post-ride late lunch protein (8p)

Poached egg and left over oat = 8p

Dinner - Egg fried rice and vegetable (21p)

100g rice = 4p
100g vegetable = 9p
1 egg = 8p

Total today: 47p

Hmm, well since I binged yesterday before #belowtheline challenge begin (as well as much needed training for BUCS sprint next weekend) I decided to go on a long ride today, covering 76.5km. I wanted to go with the Cycling Club but the boys are so much faster and I didn't want to hold anyone back. I'm going to train until I get superfast and then I will join them :D

To fuel my ride, I have to have breakfast - a good old bowl of oatmeal but perhaps 100g in one go is a bit much! I couldn't finish it and ended up leaving some later.

It was a long and windy ride. I have some sugar with me incase I needed a quick energy boost. The gels are there but only in extreme cases because a person in poverty would not have the luxury of having such items...

I finally got home, feeling rather pekish but the adrenaline was still running. I had the left over oat and an egg with plenty of water.

A photo posted by Ada Linh Nguyen (@tulinh17) on
An hour later, after a good hot shower, I crashed! I mean I fell asleep doing my job... So I have to catch up now. :( I would have reach for another cup of coffee normally but I can't.

Around 4 pm, I thought it might be time to have an early dinner. The egg fried rice was good. i divided it into two because I didn't want to go hungry later.

Day 1 is going well. Only because I had a huge dinner last night and I guess the tiredness hasn't kicked in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me