Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Walton on the Naze









Last last week, we went out for a Geography field trip. This was one of the best trip I have had. I really like doing practical work because words and numbers and siting in class is so not my talent. May be this is one of the area I would like to head in. I learnt to use a clinometer and a ranging pole and carried out experiment with quadrats. We were looking to see if this cliff/coastline protection scheme is working. One side has seawalls and groynes installed to the beach to reduce the process of Longshore Drift and the other side has nothing but Managed Retreat. I had to take lots of photos and do field sketches.

I look really lol in those clothes xDD 'cause they keep me warm! and the backpack is very practical. I can hang equipments there.

There is a historical tower of Walton here that the local are trying to protect. Inside they have a small cafe at the bottom selling delicious sandwiches and beautiful hand-painted postcards. Upstairs is some sitting places for the cafe, an art exhibition space and the Tower history at the top.


Now we are writing coursework for this. It is a little bit more confusing that anyone would think.

Someone drew Spongebob there! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me