Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I dreamed a dream...


I just thought I share some thoughts of my own here.

It's December and Christmas is coming. But, I have
no Christmas' spirit this year. I put on my little calendar book with "Christmas Card List" last wednesday. I haven't started yet and have no plan on starting this year.

My plan failed... I went Christmas shopping for Christmas presents to some kids in Cambodia. I had three boxes and I am going to put presents in for them. I've met the kids, played and had a wonderful wonderful time with them. It was the winter dance last night. Everyone seems to have fun, and my friends were asking me why didn't I go. I said - It's a waste of money! I saved that $20 to buy these presents for the little ones. I just think there has been to much for me and not much for them. I had $20. I can do something with it that would make the cuties happy and warm my heart up a little.So I went out this afternoon with Joshy and Eunice and we got baby stuff, soaps and toothbrushes. The box above is to a 4 years old girl - Ly Heang who is a little cambodian friend of mine.

I'm nervous sending these boxes to the kids. All I have for them is a little love that they need, a little thing that I can give and a box that I've painted.
Gosh I miss them!

It took my quite some time to pain this box cover. It actually has two layers or more. I painted the box planning to spread the colour and mixed them with next one so it looks streamy. And I failed completely. Came home today, I tried to fix it by re painting the yellow part to red and then cover the blue and purple with white this time. The dress original was white but somehow it got mixed up with the purple and started looking very crappy so I repainted it with blue. The leaves idea flew out of no where when I stuck the butterfly on it. The hair was yellow stream to red but now it is black again because I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me