Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

9/9/2014

3am it looks like a storm out there. The wind has not stop blowing over my hut since the start of the night. I am scared to go out. Way too windy!

--------

I woke up early, had breakfast as pancake today and sat outside on the porch for it.

Meg gave us a lecture on Benthos, Fish ID and Invertebrates. It was long but nescessary because we are doing a point out today. Soon after we had to go get our kit ready for the dive at 10.30am. Carried our stuff out to the boat Fay as usual and push the boat out to sea.

The dive was at Rose Garden. I am starting to understand the stuff from the lecture. Pointed out several fishes that I have no clue about and not even in the survey. My suit was only 2.5m in such a windy cold weather...

Ended up helping the boatman scooping out water.

The usual stuff, clean our kit. I rushed to shower and then to a late lunch. Red beans and carrots but most were gone. Banana and peanut brittle. Yum yum!

The afternoon we had a meeting and then followed by a lecture from Beth on the Coral restoration project. All cool!

I was writing notes about corals then James came in and we had a talk about his uni career. He went to a uni near Bristol, did biological science. Spent his dissertation doing GIS to locate species. Self taught the whole program which is awesome then worked for a conservation for england place. Wanting to do conservation in the future or diving in remote places...

We had a volleyball practice. Fun! No rules. Just keep the ball moving.

Dinner after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me