Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Night at Tana airport

After a long flight, we finally arrived at Tana airport. This would now be the beginning of a massive crowd queuing to get through immigration.

I was not wrong! I queued twice trying to get through and at the same time, trying to look out for Nadine. She waved to get my attention. What a relief it was to see her. I was so confused, they kept announcing my name but it was all spoken in French so I had absolutely no idea what they were saying. Even when I asked around for help. No one was able or willing to translate for me...

Immigration of Madagascar, well, lets just say they are not particularly organised. All 8 officers in one cubical, impressively dealing with a massive incoming crowed. Visa are issued in piles. We had to go paid and get a stamp from another stall before lining and handing in our passports all together with 10 other people.

I waited and waited. Hoping to see my passport again soon enough. Finally they handed back our passport with a visa each inside. We are now in Madagascar!




With relief, we wore our rucksack and walked out where a taxi driver was waiting for us. I still felt a little disoriented to be honest.

Lucky Nadine and I check on our domestic flight to Tulear. It was now earlier than the tickets we bought. We decided to stay instead of going to the hotel for only a few hours.
We are now watching Holand match over a bottle of Malagasy beer - the Three Horsesmen.

Its gonna be a long night and definitely getting colder...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me