Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

First dive in the water of Ranobe bay

It was not as cold as I was the first night. I woke up at 5am though, with nothing to do so I continued to write down daily log for myself.

Finally, Yani got up and I got up too. It was 6.30 am. Clean up and prepare for our first dive today.

Fatty the dog seems to like me and the puppy too. Fatty wanted my breakfast of plain bread roll so I gave him mine.

Scot the dive officer gave Nadine and I an introduction to ReefDoctor dive. Katie then did our briefing and I was handed over a BCD and an air tank. It was a scuba review for us both and we were scheduled to go at 9.30

Shortly after, we had to put our wetsuit on weight belt and the BCD. They were all very heavy. I was glad I was not that weak after stopping swimming for quite a bit already.

Anyhow, there was me, Nadine, Katie, Kate and Scot on the boat heading off to Rose Garden MPA.

I actually did the first roll backward from the boat today. We did several skills on the surface before descending. I was carrying about 5kg and clearly it was too heavy for me and I kept sinking so miserably. I had to take 2kg off. Everyone else seems to be wearing 6 or 7kg. Quite a lot I would say. Kate who was doing her PADI Advanced wore so many lead I dont even know how she managed to carry them.

I had a bit of a problem with bouyancy. I don't feel I was getting it right but may be I will in the future. No problem. We didnt get to do a tour around Rose Garden.

Headed back, all our gears have to be carried up to the Dive shop and rinse in fresh water. Everyone stripped off their wetsuit and rinsed the kit throughout. I had a shower and then rushed off to catch some lunch before they took it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me