Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

On the road to Madagascar

Wow it is official. After having to queue twice at heathrow, I am not on the plane to Paris, the first leg of my trip to Tana, Madagascar.

I spent two days in London after going home (VN) for a short time. With a suitcase, I waited at RGS to see my sister and catch up before I go. I am liking this RGS membership. Great facilities, awesome lectures and a space to chill! Ms Stewart has kindly taken me in for a night before her camping trip. I had the most wonderful time in such a lovely home, felt well taken care of. We both ended up packing and unpacking our bags.

I woke up very early, despite having little sleep for the last few days. After breakfast,  Ms Stewart showed me her little garden and her tomato plants. What an ecofriendly home - homegrown apple, veg...

We parted when her friends arrived to pick her up. It was actually the first time I wore my backpack and damn it was heavy.

This was the beginning of my adventure in London with a rucksack that is meant for Madagascar. I walked from Kings Cross to Chancerly Lane to meet someone whom I could not wait to see.
Ally is well and happy. In fact, she is doing impressively well. She got an internship for Capgemini and now an offical employee, working hard. She is even going to Uni part time. I am so incredibly happy she has found her passion doing the work she loves! Knowing who Ally is, I know she will devote herself to become successful and she really deserves the very very best.

It was the right time to catch up, a year later. We both found our passion. We both had time to grow up. Hearing Ally talks about her work, the incredible progress she has made in just on year, I am astonished and aw inspired. What a woman to watch out for!

We said our goodbye soon after, sadly with a promise to see each other again.



































With my backpack, I continued walking to South Kensington, wait until I could get the tube to Heathrow.















A few days back, I was told that I would be travelling on the same flight as another volunteer to Madagascar. Over a few exchanges of emails, Nadine has kindly offered to let me stay with her in her hotel room.

Nadine was already waiting outside for me at the hotel. It is great to meet someone who shares that love for adventure and willing to take me in before the flight. Over dinner, she told me about her 18 months travel, living in Peru, New Zealand and more. It is actually very impressive to me. I want to do that too!

Anyway, I am now on the plane. Cant wait for the amazing experience to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where life has taken me